Children’s Sunday School
Due to current state of emergency, all Sunday school programs have been suspended. If you would like to be added to our email distribution, please contact us at 302-731-5644 or email@example.com.
Sunday School at First Presbyterian Church Newark runs from mid September until end of May.
Mission Statement of Children and Youth Learning at First Presbyterian Church
- Teach the wonder of God’s love for children
- Encourage excitement about worshiping God through interesting activities
- Nurture the total child – personal, interpersonal, and spiritual
- Create church-wide support for children
In Sunday School at First Presbyterian Church-Newark, children learn how to live a Christian life and they become more familiar with the Bible. The 1st-5th grade classes use the PC(USA) curriculum Growing in Grace and Gratitude, that encourages children to not only learn biblical stories but think about how lessons from these stories apply to their lives. While the the PreK-K class generally use the same stories as the other age groups, they generally spend multiple weeks on each Bible story, exploring it using art, music, and other activities.
There are five different Sunday School classes on Sunday mornings:
- Pre-K thru Kindergarten ( 3-6 year olds)-Meets in the Lower Sanctuary
- 1st/2nd/3rd Grade-Meets in the Lower Sanctuary
- 4th-5th Grade-Meets in the Lower Sanctuary
- Middle and High School (6th thru 12th Grade)-Meets in the Youth Room in Memorial Hall
- Adult Sunday School -Meets in Room 3/4 in Memorial Hall
Nursery Christian nurturing for our babies through age 2 (and 3 year olds not yet potty trained) is available during the 9:00am and 10:30 a.m. Worship Services in the Lower Sanctuary.
Sunday School Music Each week we start our Sunday morning with fun music as a group. We take a few minutes to talk about God’s grace and unfailing love reminding our children that there is nothing that will ever separate us from God.